At Malaya Publishing, we respect the privacy of our users and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy applies to our website, www.malayapublishing.com, and all related sites, services, and applications (collectively, “our service”).
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our service, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as age and gender; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our service, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through our service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our service and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our service or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our service;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customize the service according to your interests.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as follows:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Malaya Publishing, our users, or others.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or postal address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by following the instructions provided in the e-mail or communication you receive.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Data Retention
When you place an order through our service, we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our service.
- Contact Information
Last updated: January 3, 2023